There are thousands of articles to be read online, and many more are added every day. If you take the time to do more than skim through them, you will find out that many articles are about similar things. Why would you take the time out of your busy schedule to add one more? We all suffer from information overload- so why add to it?
Also, are there benefits to be derived from writing articles? There seems nothing to it. It is something anyone can do. You doubt you can gain any leverage from it. So you ask yourself, “Why should I bother?”
Here are some good reasons why it would be to your advantage to take up article writing:
- EXPERT STATUS
By writing articles in your niche area, you begin to establish your credibility as an expert in that field. When writing your article it is important to include keywords in the article that relate to your specific area. This will make it easier for the search engines to link your name to your area of expertise, and your reputation will grow into ‘expert status’
- YOUR ARTICLES ARE NEEDED
Webmasters, ezine editors, bloggers, and publishers are always looking for fresh content to publish for their subscribers and visitors. It is to your advantage that they find you. Then your article will get reproduced all over the world, and that will increase your exposure and reputation. Imagine your ‘lowly’ article published on a blog with 100,000 monthly views?
- TO USE YOUR RESOURCE BOX
The resource box at the end of your article is your space to “sell” and promote you and your services, products, and expertise. To reprint your article, publishers have to include the resource box. Here is your opportunity for FREE advertising and unashamed self-promotion.
- TO GAIN TRAFFIC TO YOUR WEBSITE
By including a live link back to your site in the resource box, you will increase your web traffic to your website. This is a good marketing strategy, as search engines look for links to your site and this will boost your search rankings and you will get even more traffic directed your way.
- CONTENT IS KING
Quality content is king on the internet. The more places your articles are found on the Internet, the better it is for you. This is because when a search for your subject, name, or company is done, the more hits will be found by the search engines, and you will place closer to the front of the listings. (of course, there are ways for your article to come up as Number One, but that is a topic for another day)
How do You Get Your Article onto The Internet, and Get Noticed?
There are several ways to do this, here are four important ways:
- Publish your article on your website. To get it noticed quickly, you can submit a sitemap to Google (it’s a free service). Also, make use of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) when writing your articles. You can get some free SEO tools here that can help boost your search rankings
- Register and submit your article to free article submission sites such as EzineArticles and ArticleBase. There are lots out there- do a search for them. You can also sign up to several Facebook groups that focus on article writing and submission.
- Search “guest blogging” groups on Facebook. There are bloggers there in constant need of good quality content.
- You can also submit your articles to medium.com. This is a site made of a community of content creators who publish their written articles there for people to read. A single article can get as much as 900,000 views! It is a traffic monster.
- Buy software that will not only submit articles for you but help with the formatting and make them search engine friendly as well. If you intend to write articles frequently this is a great time saver.
So What Next?
Start writing and increase your expert status, web traffic, and promote your business product or service for free.
If you realize the importance of article writing but do not enjoy writing articles, you can employ others to do the work for you. There are lots of writers on freelance sites like Fiverr, Microworker, and Upwork. The best are native English speakers from the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
I use Fiverr regularly for different projects. If you’re interested in using writers there, use my Fiverr link and get a 20% discount on your first order.